Resources Licensed for the MGH Community
Resources from MGH and Affiliated Institutions
- ARCH: Access to Resources for Community Health Based in the MGH Revere Community HealthCenter, ARCH is a collaborative project that delivers a high-quality community-based health information service to both the residents and professionals of Charlestown, Chelsea, Everett, and Revere.
- Blum Patient and Family Learning Center Health information for patients and their families and friends.
- Cancer Patient Education (CaPE) High quality full text information for cancer patients, some of it written by MGH authors; a collaborative project between Treadwell Library and the MGH Cancer Resource Room.
- ClinicalTrials.gov National Library of Medicine database providing information on current clinical trials to patients, their families and members of the public.
- Healthfinder Consumer health information web site from the United States government.
- Health Literacy MedlinePlus
- Health Topics from NIAMS The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases offers patient information on many related topics both in English and Spanish.
- Massachusetts Physician Profiles A comprehensive look at over 27,000 physicians licensed to practice medicine in Massachusetts from Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Board of Registration in Medicine.
- MedicineNet Information from Board Certified physicians.
- MedlinePlus Health information for consumers from the National Library of Medicine.This resource includes in-depth web pages on disease topics, drug information and interactive tutorials on health topics. Many resources are also available in Spanish.
- NIH Clinical Research Trials and You This site will help people learn more about clinical trials, why they matter, and how to participate.
- Research Results for the Public Fact Sheets from the National Institutes of Health summarizing research advances.
- Top consumer health sites From the Consumer and Patient Health Information Section (CAPHIS) of the Medical Library Association (MLA)
For information on alternative and complementary medicine please go to our Complementary and Alternative Medicine page.