Images and Multimedia
- Hardin MD - University of Iowa Numerous images in a wide variety of subjects, from AIDS to Women's Health
- Medical Images and Videos An extensive guide to medical image and video databases licensed by Rutgers University Libraries as well as a variety of open-access medical image and video resources.
- MedPix, from the National Library of Medicine, is a free open-access online database of medical images, teaching cases, and clinical topics
- Open Access Biomedical Image Search Engine from the National Library of Medicine “enables search and retrieval of abstracts and images (including charts, graphs, clinical images, etc.) from the open source literature, and biomedical image collections.”
- PMC Advanced Search To search for articles with images, select the "All Fields" drop-down and choose "Figure/Table Caption." Then, enter your search term(s) and click Search.
- Visible Human National Library of Medicine's complete representations of the normal male and female human bodies.
- Wellcome Images from the Wellcome Library Find contemporary medical images and historical images.
Medical Specialty Sites:
Images from the History of Medicine: